Popular Posts

Sunday 11 September 2011

War doesn't determine who is right but, who is left......



A lot of criticism has been said about this war that it was unjust and wrong, stating it was an Aparthied war. We weren't fighting black people, but communists, we had a lot of black people in the SADF in various regiments and posts and they were fighting side by side the white troops spilling the same blood for the same cause. 




When one is asked to do your patriotic duty by your country, you do not ask to see the stats of what was considered right or wrong.  To be honest when I was called up I had no clue what the fight was about, rather that I was going to be taught how to fight the Enemies of South Africa on the border. So much so I actually was unsure of what border and where the fight was. Perhaps I was naive perhaps it just did not interest me as I was more into how I was to go without my own life and without surfing for the next 24 months.








0 comments:

Post a Comment